In 2013, we saw a lot of great ideas come in through our grant program. One of those ideas came from the team over at Coinpunk, who received a Bitcoin Foundation grant in the second quarter. Coinpunk is an open source, self hosted DIY bitcoin wallet service that you can run on your own server. They now have a fully functional wallet running (that you can use on an iPhone!), but need your support to keep improving those services. Check out their Indiegogo campaign and help out if you can!
We really want to see this trend of innovative ideas continue into 2014! With that in mind, just a heads up that our Q1 2014 grant proposal submission deadline is just a little over a month away. Guidelines for the proposal submission process are below. Don’t forget to submit your idea to [email protected] by March 1, 2014.
We look forward to seeing your ideas!
Grant Submission Process
To be considered for a grant, please submit a proposal in writing to the Foundation with the following information:
- Brief overview of your proposal: Explain how your proposal furthers the Foundation’s mission to standardize, protect, and promote bitcoin.
- Needs assessment: Objectively address the specific situation, opportunity, problem, issue, or need that your proposal addresses.
- Goals/objectives: Provide a succinct description of the proposed project outcome and accomplishments, including your overall goal(s) and specific objectives or ways in which you will meet the goal(s).
- Methodology: Describe the process to be used to achieve the outcome and accomplishments, the impact of your proposed activities, how they will benefit the community and who will carry out the activities. Provide a time frame for your project and long-term strategies for ongoing maintenance of the project.
- Estimated costs/budget: Clearly delineate costs to be met by the Foundation (Note: grants will be awarded in BTC.)
- Qualifications: Describe applicant qualifications for funding including credentials of the applying company and/or key individuals involved
As a requirement of accepting a grant, grantees will be required to provide regular updates on progress to the Board of Directors.
Submit your proposal by email to [email protected]. Award decisions will be made within 4-6 weeks of submission deadline. If you have questions, please let us know. We look forward to hearing your ideas!