Ethereum Classic (CRYPTO: ETC) shares are moving down Friday, although it looks to have found support.
Ethereum Classic was down 2.17% at $48.28 at last check.
- The cryptocurrency looks as though it may have found a bounce near support in a sideways channel. It also continues to trade above the higher low trendline.
- The crypto trades below the 50-day moving average (green), but above the 200-day moving average (blue), indicating the crypto may be entering a period of consolidation.
- The 50-day moving average may act as resistance, while the 200-day moving average may hold as support.
- Ethereum Classic is trading in a channel between support of $40 and resistance near $80. These are levels the crypto has struggled to cross in the past. The higher low trendline has also been holding as a support level.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) has been moving sideways lately and now sits at 51. This means there have been relatively equal amounts of buyers and sellers in the crypto.
What’s Next For Ethereum Classic?
Bullish traders would like to see Ethereum Classic build higher lows up to the resistance level before breaking out. If the crypto breaks out, bulls then want to see the price hold above resistance.
The Best All-in-One Stock Market News Tool
Benzinga Pro gives you lightning-fast stock market news, screeners, audio Squawk, chatrooms, alerts and more all in one easy-to-use tool. Save 25% with code NEWS25 and join the best trading community with Benzinga Pro!
Bearish traders would like to see Ethereum Classic first fall below the higher low trendline, and then fall below the $40 support level. This could cause the crypto to see a change in trend and sentiment.
How to get exclusive breaking news
Benzinga Pro is more than just a Newsfeed. Our newsdesk team is dedicated to bringing you exclusive breaking news.
This month, Benzinga broke back-to-back exclusive news on $WISA, and Benzinga Pro users got to see it FIRST.
After Benzinga broke news of $WISA’s launch of its SoundSend Certification Program, the stock rose $23.28%. On Thursday, it rose 41.20% after exclusive breaking news on the launch of $WISA’s Amazon storefront.
You never know when the next big news catalyst will happen. Subscribe today and use code NEWS25 to save 25% on ANY Essential subscription, all backed by a 7-day money back guarantee.