Following the non-fungible token (NFT) platform supporting Flow-based NFT collectibles, NFT marketplace Rarible has launched a direct messaging feature that gives creators the ability to connect with fans via the user’s wallet address.
Rarible Reveals Messenger Tool via Internal NFT Marketplace, Standalone Rarible Messenger to Follow
- The NFT marketplace Rarible is the seventh-largest NFT platform in terms of all-time sales with $273.06 million in sales to date. Statistics from dappradar.com indicate that Rarible has roughly 86,489 traders using the marketplace.
- Rarible is an Ethereum (ETH)-based NFT market but during the second week of November 2021, the platform revealed that users can now create, list, and trade Flow blockchain-based NFT collectibles on the Rarible platform.
- The NFT marketplace announced the launch of the Rarible Messenger feature on November 23 and the firm explains that it aims to connect NFT creators with the community. At the time of writing, Rarible Messenger is live as an internal marketplace tool but in the future, the company says this will change.
Rarible messenger is out in the wild � How to get it? Someone has to send you a message, so you might want to ask around � pic.twitter.com/iyLrWtq06z
— Rarible (@rarible) November 23, 2021
- Rarible details that the messenger protocol will be released as a standalone tool in order for people to communicate via Web3. Currently, the Rarible Messenger testing period allows a limited number of people to participate.
- “Rarible Messenger is also the most user-friendly way to connect with anyone via blockchain, allowing users to communicate by entering each other’s wallet addresses,” a statement sent to Bitcoin.com News from the Rarible team explains. “The tool also features privacy settings, which can be enabled to block messages from unknown users.”
- The NFT marketplace’s messenger tool also follows the firm’s Series A funding round that took place at the end of June. Rarible raised $14.2 million from investors such as Venrock, Coinfund, and 01 Advisors.
- Rarible has a great number of competitors in the space that provide NFT marketplaces as well. The competition includes NFT market operations like Opensea, Hic et Nunc, Makers Place, Nifty Gateway, Ethernity, Hoard, Enjin, Fansforever, Foundation, Atomicmarket, Solanart, NBA Top Shot, Superrare, Aavegotchi, and more.
What do you think about Rarible launching a messenger application? Let us know what you think about this subject in the comments section below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons