Table of Contents:
· Historical Snapshots
∘ Biggest Gainers of the Day
∘ Biggest Losers of the Day
∘ Biggest Gainers & Losers by Categories
∘ Top Assets by Market Cap
∘ Coins and Tokens Daily Heatmap Snapshot
∘ Altcoins versus Bitcoin’s Daily Heatmap Snapshot
· How to Start Buying Cryptocurrencies?
· Portfolio of the Day
This post is by no means financial advice. This is just for entertainment purposes and you should always do your own research before any type of investment.
The daily snapshots of this section were taken from CoinGecko on 14 January 2022 around 14h30 UTC.
- Biggest Gainers of the Day (last 24h).
- Biggest Losers of the Day (last 24h).
- Biggest Gainers & Losers by Categories (last 24h).
- Top Assets by Market Cap (last 24h).
Biggest Gainers of the Day
According to this data:
The biggest gainers of today had price movements between +0.7% (ECOMI) and +19.1% (Secret).
Secret (SCRT) was the biggest gainer of the day with a +19.1% daily return.
Secret is a leading Web 3 blockchain platform built around the “programmable privacy” model. Secret promotes privacy in the transaction and data communication layers.
Biggest Losers of the Day
According to this data:
✔ The biggest losers of today had price movements between -11.7% (Kadena) and -7.40% (Axie Infinity).
✔ Kadena (KDA) was the biggest loser of the day with a -11.70% daily return.
Biggest Gainers & Losers by Categories
Smart Contract Platforms
- Secret (SCRT) was the Biggest Gainer of the day with +19.6 % return.
- Cypherium (CPH) was the Biggest Loser of the day with -34.0% return.
Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
- Dopex Rebate Token (RDPX) was the Biggest Gainer of the day with +23.6% return.
- Spookyswap (BOO) was the Biggest Loser of the day with -11.6% return.
- Yooshiba Inu (YSHIBAINU) was the Biggest Gainer of the day with +55.8% return.
- HODL (HODL) was the Biggest Loser of the day with -43.7% return.
- Decentral Game ICE (ICE) was the Biggest Gainer of the day with +22.5% return.
- Ethverse (ETHV) was the Biggest Loser of the day with -21.8 % return.
Top Assets by Market Cap
According to this data:
✔ The top assets of today by market cap had price movements between -7.40% (Solana) and -1.30% (Polkadot).
✔ Polkadot (DOT) was the winner of this list with a -1.30% daily return.
According to the CoinGecko, this was a snapshot of market dominance for major crypto assets:
- BTC: 37.74%
- ETH: 18.14%
- LTC: 0.44%
- BCH: 0.33%
- XLM: 0.31%
- XMR: 0.19%
- EOS: 0.13%
- NEO: 0.08%
- Others: 42.63%
The following heatmap snapshots were taken from coin360 on 14 January 2022 around 14h30 UTC:
- Coins and Tokens: displays the price movement of all cryptocurrencies in the last 24 hours.
- Bitcoin vs Altcoins: displays the whole market’s price movements against Bitcoin in the last 24 hours.
Coins and Tokens Daily Heatmap Snapshot
Altcoins versus Bitcoin’s Daily Heatmap Snapshot
According to this data, the biggest gainers versus Bitcoin pair can be reviewed in the following image.
How to Start Buying Cryptocurrencies?
There are many exchanges through which you can start to trade crypto assets.
I personally use Binance. Here is why:
- Number of Cryptocurrencies Supported: Binance offers more than 500 crypto assets to trade. You can buy or sell almost all well-known cryptocurrencies there.
- Fees: The commission fees of Binance are one of the lowest ones between exchanges. For example, you have to only pay 0.015% to 0.10% purchase and trading fees.
- Passive Income Options: You can stake or lend many coins and tokens through Binance and earn passive crypto income. The process is super simple and it gives you an exceptional opportunity to earn more interest in your crypto investments.
- Easy to Use: even for beginner traders/investors, the Binance interface is user-friendly. You can learn to work with Basic options of the exchange in a matter of minutes.
Moreover, Binance offers comprehensive charting options and trading tools such as Limit order, market order, stop-limit order, trailing stop order, margin trading, one-cancels-the-other order, etc.
And of course, Binance is one of the safest exchanges with lots of implemented security measurements such as Two-factor authentication (2FA)verification, device management, address whitelisting, and cold storage.
Consider joining Binance using my referral link and enjoy trading.
Portfolio of the Day
This is a simulated trading portfolio using top-performing cryptoassets from today.
For this, I assumed the initial investment was $1,000. This is just for giving you some idea of what could happen if you entered positions like this on this specific day. The selected assets and the percentages assigned to each one are also not necessarily an optimal way to build an investment portfolio.
To build this portfolio, I did the following:
- Extract biggest gainers of the last 24 hours (see section Winners).
- Build a simulated portfolio with the assets from the last step and dedicate the same percentage of the whole portfolio to each asset
- Calculate the portfolio’s worth at the end of the day (the moment the snapshot was taken)
In the following image, you can see the portfolio:
$100 on “Secret” turned into $119.10.
$100 on “Dogecoin” turned into $112.10.
$100 on “Convex Finance” turned into $105.50.
$100 on “Frax Share” turned into $103.10.
$100 on “Litecoin” turned into $102.80.
$100 on “Monero” turned into $102.60.
$100 on “FTX Token” turned into $102.20.
$100 on “Oasis Network” turned into $101.80.
$100 on “Kusama” turned into $101.40.
$100 on “ECOMI” turned into $100.70.
✔️In summary, a $1,000 initial investment turned into $1,051.30 This means with that profile and investment, your daily return rate was +5.13%. In the portfolio of yesterday, this percentage was +8.66%.
Feel free to also check the previous day’s and previous week’s portfolio in my following posts:
If you liked this story and you are interested in reading my similar posts in the future, please consider joining medium with my referral link. If you sign up using my link, I’ll earn a small commission and you will have unlimited access to the content from all medium writers. That way, you will support me and your other favorite writers on the platform. Thanks.