The team at Zilliqa (ZIL) pushed back the launch date of the Project’s Mainnet to later this year or early next year. The exact date has not been released by the team, but they had requested the additional time to work on the following aspects of the platform.
- Conduct thorough security audits
- Prepare for and execute the token swap
- Integrate with wallets
- Develop tool-chains
The team also updated the project’s roadmap as follows:
- Q3 2018: Support for sharding-friendly smart contracts
- Q4 2018: Large-scale tests and security auditing
Most Recent Developments
In their most recent development update, the team at Zilliqa informed the crypto community about the progress of events that have been scheduled in Europe ever since ZIL opened an office in London. The team has so far attended the DELTA summit in Malta, organized a Scilla hackathon in London and a San Francisco blockchain week.
The following events have been scheduled for the rest of October.
- 19–21 October — Barcelona, Kairos Europe Summit
- 21 October — Tokyo, BlockChainJam 2018
- 22–23 October — Frankfurt, Germany, East-West Crypto Conference
With regards to technical updates, the team has continued to implement new features and improve the existing ones on the platform. Of particular interest – and as mentioned in the most recent update – are the following features:
- Tree-Based Cluster Broadcasting (TBC) – meant to supplement the gossip protocol
- Multiple-In, Multiple-Out (MIMO) DS Committee – protocol has been changed to allow multiple nodes to join and leave the DS committee after every DS Epoch
- Modifications to the DS Block Structure – the team has included information on all incoming DS node’s network information and public keys
- Transmission of View Change (VC) Blocks – the team has delayed the sending of the VC Blocks to allow them to make use of the TBC multicasting
- Archival Nodes – a new archival node has been created to alleviate the lookup node from the storage demands and the volume of requests it receives
- Verification of Messages from Lookup Nodes
- Testnet Improvements
- Improvements to the Scilla Interpreter
In conclusion, the team at Zilliqa is living up to the promises they made when they announced the postponement of the Mainnet launch. They are carrying out the tasks that they promised to do, in preparation to deliver on a superior product. Therefore, all eyes are on Zilliqa as we approach the end of the year.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to give financial advice. Any opinion herein is purely the author’s and does not represent the opinion of Ethereum World News or any of its other writers. Please carry out your own research before investing in any of the numerous cryptocurrencies available. Thank you.