AirGap, a blockchain technology company, is currently in the Alpha phase of development for Beacon, a tool to seamlessly connect a Tezos wallet with a decentralized application (dApp) and interact with it. Requests from the dApp can be signed on a mobile, desktop, hardware wallet or browser extension.
To interact with a browser application the user just has to scan the pairing QR code with their mobile wallet like AirGap Wallet, grant the permissions and they are then ready to sign transactions on a mobile device from a browser application.
- Scan QR code from browser application directly with a mobile wallet to establish a connection.
- Beacon browser extension with multiple possible signing methods: wallets, Ledger and local secret (development).
- Decentralized transport layer (based on the Matrix protocol) for private communication between dApp and wallet.
- Currently still in Alpha and under heavy development.
Current State of Development
Beacon is currently in Alpha state and in the process of development. As seen in the video above, a complete flow with both the Extension and the direct dApp integration is already possible. Though, there are some open tasks ahead to complete, the most important ones include:
- Beacon Extension – handle all message types and operations, Ledger integration, UI improvements.
- Beacon SDK – manage and enforce permissions, error handling, expose further events, push notifications.
- AirGap Wallet – handle all message types and operations, permission management.