For those actively involved in the wider DeFi landscape, it’s common knowledge that almost all community discourse happens on Twitter.
Please note that there are many other accounts that deserve a spotlight, and that we will likely do a follow up to this list in the latter half of the year.
Over 10,000 Followers
First, let’s start with some of the more well-known community members in DeFi and Ethereum at large.
Spencer Noon (@spencernoon)
- Head of crypto investments at DTC Capital
- Spencer writes a weekly newsletter, “Our Network”, that covers crypto and DeFi analytics & insights
- Tweets about general DeFi and Ethereum projects, both from an investment and hobbyist perspective
- Co-founders of EthHub.io & co-hosts of the “Into the Ether” podcast
- Both Anthony & Eric are DeFi enthusiasts, and are must follows to stay on top of things happening in the Ethereum ecosystem
Evan Van Ness (@evan_van_ness)
- Founder of “Week in Ethereum News”
- Evan Van Ness has been writing about the Ethereum ecosystem since 2016
- Evan does a great job at summarizing important events (including a DeFi) in the ecosystem in easy to read snippets in both his newsletter and Twitter
Ryan Sean Adams (@RyanSAdams)
- Founder of Mythos Capital & Bankless Newsletter
- Ryan has a heavy interest into Ethereum and going “bankless”, which he often talks about in his newsletter
- Ryan doesn’t hold back on what could be possible with Ethereum, and does a great job at exploring its future in writing
- Often talks about ETH’s value as a monetary asset, and why it makes for perfectly sound money
Camila Russo (@CamiRusso)
- “Chiefess” at The Defiant
- Camila previously covered the finance sector at Bloomberg in New York, Madrid, and Buenos Aires
- In the process of writing a book on Ethereum (and DeFi) called “The Infinite Machine”
- Tweets mostly about Ethereum & DeFi related news, with a focus on the finance side of things
Under 10,000 Followers:
Equally as well-known and respected within the community which we expect to gain more traction in 2020 include:
David Hoffman (@TrustlessState)
- Covers the Ethereum side of the POV Crypto podcast
- Co-hosts the Bankless podcast with Ryan Sean Adams
- Mostly tweets about RealT (and tokenizing real estate), as well as the podcasts he co-hosts and the topics they cover, which is often Ethereum and DeFi related
Chris Blec (@ChrisBlec)
- Founder of DeFi Watch
- Chris Blec is known to be “DeFi’s toughest critic” because he isn’t afraid to call projects out for following bad security practices, among other things
- Highly focused on educating and on-boarding users into Ethereum, Chris Blec runs a YouTube channel that covers lots of various DApps and guides for users
- Mostly tweets about DeFi risks & security, possibilities of DeFi, and general Ethereum topics
Scott Lewis (@Scott_Lew_Is)
- Scott Lewis works on DeFi Pulse, DEX.AG, and ETHGasStation
- Scott is one of the leading pioneers of the DEX aggregation industry
- Great person to follow if you want to stay up to date with the DEX scene, as well as general DeFi news
DeFi Dad (@DeFi_Dad)
- Organizer of Ethereal Summit & hosts Ethereal Virtual Summit
- DeFi Dad is *the* person to follow when learning about new projects and protocols
- Often tweets about DeFi applications both new and old, covering the basics, why they’re useful, and more
- Perfect resource for staying on top of new projects and DApps in the world of DeFi
Ben DiFrancesco (@BenDiFrancesco)
- Founder of ScopeLift.co
- Co-organizer of Philly Blockchain
- Author of the “Build Blockchain Tech” newsletter
- Ben is another staple Ethereum & DeFi advocate who has been around for years, making him a great person to follow for insight
- Pseudonymous user with a strong focus on DeFi investing
- Arthur isn’t afraid to dive into the investment side of things when it comes to DeFi
- Often tweets about Synthetix & Kyber Network, general DeFi & Ethereum discussion, and investment aspects for certain projects
Stani Kulechov (@StaniKulechov)
- DeFi veteran, Stani was building out DeFi tools before DeFi was even a term
- Often tweets about Aave’s interest bearing assets, flash loans, & lending in DeFi
- Fun Fact: We conducted a solid interview with Stani on the history of DeFi in an exclusive interview.
Alex Masmej (@AlexMasmej)
- Founder of Rocket (RocketNFT)
- While Alex is focused on DeFi in general, he shows special interest in undercollateralized loans on DeFi
- Often tweets about startups/blockchain startups, undercollateralized DeFi, social tokens (such as $ALEX), and all around DeFi
- Recently launch a personal token sale – exemplifying his drive to push the boundaries on Ethereum’s possibilities.
Cole Kennelly (@ColeGotTweets)
- Growth at Staked.US
- Founder & Organizer of DeFi NYC
- Often tweets about StakedUS’s role in DeFi, as well as their robo-advisor which automatically seeks & obtains the best DeFi returns for a users funds
Matteo Leibowitz (@Teo_Leibowitz)
- Research Analyst at The Block
- Matteo covers the DeFi side of things at The Block, and does a great job at posting all sorts of interesting finds on his Twitter
- He is an avid contributor on Dune Analytics, frequently providing some of the best data dashboards in the space.
- If your goal is staying up to date with the DeFi ecosystem, Matteo is a must follow – it’s (literally) his job to keep you informed
While we’re strong believers that follower count does not directly equate to value add, it’s certainly worth highlighting those which have been spotlighting all of the great progress being made in DeFi over the course of the last year.
We’d also like to recognize all those builders who are the true MVPs – often flying under the radar and making the news we talk about possible.
Feel like there’s someone who needs to be on this list? Shoot us a DM on Twitter and make a strong case for their value to the community!
With most of the top lists for Crypto Twitter (CT) […]