Over 150 different Ethereum (ETH) projects have acquired almost $25 million in total grant funding to date.
The Ethereum Foundation, a Switzerland-based non-profit entity supporting the ongoing development of Ethereum, is the largest donor. The foundation has allocated more than $21 million (of the total amount) to various initiatives. This, according to research conducted by The Block.
Other large supporters include:
- the Ethereum Community Fund – a fund that aims to award over $100 million to innovative projects in the Ethereum ecosystem,
- Aragon Foundation – an entity focused on the development of Aragon, a decentralized app (dApp) launched on the Ethereum blockchain that allows users to create and manage a decentralized organization,
- ConsenSys – a leading Ethereum development studio, and
- Protocol Labs – a research and development (R&D), and deployment institution for improving Internet technology.
In addition to providing the most funding, the Ethereum Foundation reportedly supports the largest number of grants issued. The foundation has awarded 94 different grants to date.
Initiatives that managed to acquire the largest amount of grant funding (to date) include:
- Parity Technologies – an entity that is focused on infrastructure and developing Ethereum-based platforms and applications. Parity builds solutions by leveraging advanced cryptography, cellular system, peer-to-peer technology and decentralized consensus architectures,
- Starkware – a project focused on blockchain scalability techniques,
- Prysmatic Labs – a dedicated team of application developers that aim to improve Ethereum-based smart contracts,
- L4 Research – an organization focused on Web 3.0 development, and
- Status – a decentralized mobile and desktop client for Ethereum that allows users to send encrypted messages, access dApps, and a cryptocurrency wallet.
ETH 2.0 or ETH 1.x, which are both focused on launching upgraded versions of Ethereum, have received the largest amount of funding.
The Ethereum Foundation , a Switzerland-based non-profit entity supporting the ongoing development of […]